LASSP Student Machine Shop
About the LASSP Student Machine Shop
Location: Clark Basement D-26
Typical Hours: Monday through Friday, 10 am - 6 pm
This well-equipped machine shop is maintained for the use of graduate students and other researchers, in LASSP as well as in the wider Cornell research community, in their research efforts.
Brandon Adams joined LASSP as the new Student Machine Shop Instructor in July 2022. If you would like to receive notifications about news for the Student Machine Shop, send a request to Brandon (email@example.com) indicating that you'd like to be added to the Student Machine Shop notification email list.
Student Machine Shop Introductory Course: Spring 2023 Information
- Next class starts February 7
- Classes meet 2:00pm to 4:30pm on the following Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- February 7
- February 9
- February 14
- February 16
- February 21
- February 23
- Contact Brandon Adams (ba424) for more information and to request an application.
Current fully-approved users of the shop may continue to access the Student Machine Shop using after-hours protocol:
- to access the Student Machine Shop through the main entry door by using their ID card
- to bring a buddy who will remain for the entire time; and
- to adhere to all posted cleaning protocols.
For users who have not yet completed the full training program, contact Brandon to discuss booking supervised time in the Student Machine Shop.
Additional Operating Procedures:
- Please bring your own protective/safety eyewear.
- Please maintain adequate social distancing.
- Masks are recommended if more than 4 people are occupying the shared space.