Amit Aharon Steinberg
I am originally from Adi, Israel. After my BSc in Physics and Biology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, I moved to the Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, for my graduate studies. My MSc was in theoretical condensed matter physics and my PhD was in experimental condensed matter physics.
I am a condensed matter experimental physicist interested in the physics of electronic transport in low dimensional quantum materials, and the underlying microscopic mechanisms. In particular I am interested in interplay between strong electronic correlations and topological phases. I have a passion for local imaging techniques. which allow to see the hidden microscopic mechanisms. I am currently working with Kin Fai Mak and Jie Shan.
Awards and Honors
- 2023 Kavli Institute at Cornell Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2023 Fulbright Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2022 Ruth and Professor Abraham (Edek) Blaugrund Prize, Feinberg Graduate School
- 2022 Faculty of Physics Prize for Academic Excellence in Experimental Research, Weizmann Institute of Science
- Ph.D. in Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel, 2023
- M.Sc. in Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel, 2018
- B.Sc. in Physics and Biology, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, 2015